Solitaire and halo settings remain two of the most popular ring settings that are preferred by a large number of people. Both of these are stylish, stunning, and classic ring designs but carry different properties.
Choosing between a halo ring and a solitaire ring can be a confusing task for you, as both of these designs create wonderful options for your engagement ring. Hence, we list some of the common pros and cons of these designs so that it will be easy for you to choose the right option for you.
This is a timeless setting that has been one of the favorite choices of people for decades. The popularity of the solitaire setting will not fade in the near future and it will remain a classic choice for people who love simplicity.
This setting features a center stone set on a simple band. It fits diamonds of all shapes. This is a brilliant choice for you if you want to show off your big center stone.
The following are some of the best advantages of solitaire setting:
- It offers a simple yet bold look for the wearer.
- It is an elegant choice that will never go out of fashion.
- It is a versatile ring design that goes well with a wedding band.
- It is easy for you to clean and maintain a solitaire ring.
- It exhibits great sparkle and highlights the center stone.
The solitaire setting has some disadvantages too, which are mentioned below:
- A high-set solitaire ring might snag on objects thereby easily getting damaged easily.
- The girdle of the diamond will be usually exposed and might get damaged.
Here, the center stone will be surrounded by a circle of small stones, which adds exceptional sparkle to the ring. This can also aid to give a bigger appearance to your center stone.
This design suits diamonds of all shapes, however, round and princess halo diamond rings remain the popular choices among them. Both round and princess cut halo diamond rings exhibit the most sparkle when compared to other diamond shapes.
- Makes the diamond look bigger.
- Enhances the overall sparkle of the ring.
- It offers an additional layer of protection for the center stone.
- You can personalize a halo ring by choosing stones with different shapes and colors.
- The smaller stones can get loose over time.
- The cleaning and maintenance can be difficult.
The solitaire and halo settings are stunning designs for your engagement ring. You can choose between them based on the pros and cons each design carries.